One of the questions I get asked most often is “What supplements do you take?” I want to preface this by saying supplements are a tool to be used ALONG with healthy eating and exercise. If you think supplements were made to work alone, look up the definition- “something that completes or enhances something else when added to it.” If you have any health issues or circumstances that would cause you to be unsure if a supplement is right for you, please consult your physician first. I am simply sharing what I take and what works best for me. I’m not going into the scientific reasons your body benefits from each supplement, but rather why I like them. Please know that every body reacts differently so results may vary. (I am a Motiv-8 Performance Athlete because I use and believe in their products. You can use the code SAJE30 for 30% off all Motiv-8 products.)
- Vitex My doctor recommended I begin taking 2 Vitex (Chaste Berry) capsules per day to help balance my hormones. Vitex is beneficial for helping to reduce PMS symptoms, raising progesterone levels, reducing uterine fibroids, improving fertility, helping to treat endometriosis, and many other hormonal issues.
- Daily Stress Formula This is another supplement recommended by my doctor to help with hormones. Every woman can benefit from this supplement because it helps with lowering your cortisol levels (stress hormone). Cortisol levels also have an effect on belly fat, but I’m not going to get into that whole explanation; however, it’s important to make sure you don’t have excess cortisol circulating for long periods of time.
- Aminos During or after each workout, I drink my aminos. These have electrolytes in them as well so they’re great for endurance, recovery, and hydration. Aminos help with muscle growth which in turn helps to burn fat. You’ll notice reduced soreness when taking these regularly.
- Burn I’ve never been a fan of pre-workouts that make you feel like you’ve had 10 cups of coffee and are about to crawl out of your skin. I fell in love with Burn after taking it once and I’ve been hooked ever since. I take it first thing in the morning and have long-lasting energy with no crash while also suppressing my appetite. (I’ve had every flavor and love them all.)
- Detox No, this is not a quick fix detox but rather a full body cleanse that helps to reduce bloating, eliminate toxins, and promote fat loss. I take 2 of these every morning and every night. This is not a run to the bathroom cleanse, but I can assure you’ll be shocked by how much poo your body has been holding onto. I love that this detox also has probiotics.
- Digestive Enzymes I keep these in my purse and take 2 of them before each meal. I have always been extremely sensitive to gluten and have found I can actually tolerate small amounts when I use this. These help to break down carbs, fat, and protein after your meal so you don’t feel bloated and yuck.
- Greens Most people are shocked when I tell them I don’t eat veggies. I absolutely abhor the texture and can’t stomach the thought of eating greens. Every morning, I mix one scoop of Greens in with my Burn. It’s absolutely delicious and gives me my alkalinizing greens, antioxidants, and fiber.
- Hydrate Think healthy gatorade. You’ll get all of your electrolytes in without added dyes and with only 3 grams of natural cane sugar. If you’re someone who sweats a lot, these are great! My little brother played college baseball and absolutely loves them because they kept him hydrated during games and practice. (I also use them to make margaritas!)
- Mellow If you have trouble falling asleep and getting a good nights rest, you NEED this! I take one scoop before bed (and Ben loves it too). There’s no groggy feeling the next morning and it even has 5-HTP to help enhance your mood and reduce anxiety. Skip the glass of wine and opt for Mellow, trust me.
- SeroPlus I was on various medicines for anxiety/depression for over 5 years, with Effexor being my last medicine of three years. After attempting to taper off countless times, I worked with my doctor to balance my hormones and then began taking SeroPlus 2x a day. In less than one week of using SeroPlus, I was prescription free and felt like I had emotions again. Please consult your physician before attempting to alter any medications.
If you try any of the supplements, be sure to tag me and let me know what you think!