I’m the weird girl who wants to do her own makeup for photoshoots. Maybe it’s because I rarely wear makeup and hate looking “over the top” for a shoot because that’s not my style? Who knows. Either way, I know that I have a tried & true routine for my makeup when it comes to photoshoots that works perfect for after the shoot as well. For those of you who don’t know much about my skin- I’m a naturally tan olive base, oily in the T-zone, and have a pretty clean complexion and even skin tone. If you want to mimic my go-to look, follow these steps:
- Prep. Wash your face with your cleanser of choice & then use a toner to balance the PH. (This is important if you have oily skin and are prone to foundations oxidizing on you- which I am.) I use a Glytone Cleanser and Renee Rouleau Elderberry Soothing Toner.
- Prime! This step is SO important. I use Passport to Beauty’s Goji Berry Blurring Primer and its the holy grail of primers. (It’s also perfect for days you don’t want to wear foundation.)
- Now it’s time for foundation. I’m OBSESSED with Kat Von D’s foundation (I’m 49 N). It doesn’t transfer, never oxidizes, and matches my skin tone PERFECTLY. I love that it’s also not overly matte, yet isn’t shiny. I use a Beauty Blender to apply this all over my face, skipping only my eyelids. I add a bit of Passport to Beauty Bronzing Elixir with it to give my skin a glow. (I also use this all over my body and the color is RIDICULOUS.)
- Next up is bronzer. I LOVE the bronzer that comes in the Wet n’ wild contour kit. It’s not orange or red- which most bronzers are on me. I apply it on my cheek bones, sides of my nose, edges of forehead, and edges of my face. (Basically anywhere you want to create a shadow.)
- Eyes are next and I keep it pretty simple. I use MAC Expensive Pink in the crease and any nude color as a base on my entire lid. I line with Urban Decay Perversion liquid liner and keep it on the outer edges (with a subtle cat eye, of course). Add a little highlight under your brow bone & you’re golden.
- My mascara routine has been the same for YEARS and I’ll never change it. (I’ve been using R+F Lashboost & my already long lashes, look AMAZING.) I use Urban Decay Subversion Lash Primer and then Maybelline Falsies Mascara on top. The trick is to do one eye at a time and don’t let the products dry while applying until done.
- My brows are micro bladed (Shoutout to BRASH in Birmingham, Alabama) so it doesn’t take much for them to be PERFECT. I use Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade in “Ebony” and fill them in slightly.
- For my lips, I love nudes. My go-to lip liner is MAC “Oak.” I line my lips with it and come in towards the middle just a bit. Next, I apply Smashbox Ombre Nude lipstick (Heaven sent) and then top it off with MAC “C-Thru” Lipglass.
- Spritz a bit of Makeup Forever Setting Spray and you’ve got a look that will last all day and night!
If you re-create this look, be sure to tag me so I can see!